Esthetically inclined interior designer with a strong passion and appreciation for modern designs. I enjoy the challenges of heading projects from start to end including space planning, supervision of construction drawings, contractor interaction, material color selection and client interactions. I have experienced in residential and commercial projects and demonstrated ability of delivering projects within strict time limit. I can quickly understand the design problem and develop a viable solution.
PRATT INSTITUTE, New York 1997 - 1999
Master of Science in Interior Design
UNIVERSIDAD CENTRAL DE VENEZUELA, Caracas, Venezuela 1987 - 1993
Bachelor’s in architecture - School of Architecture and Urbanism
Pratt Institute – Brooklyn, NY August 2022 - Present
Visiting assistant professor
Teaching “the Working set.” A fall undergraduate course where the students design a small café and learn how to create a set of construction documents.
FXCollaborative – Brooklyn, NY June 2022 - February 2023
Sr. Interior Designer
In charge of the concept design and client presentation for several office building repositioning projects.
Projects: 7 Penn, 488, 85 Broad, Acacia offices, Daiwa test fits.
Spivak Architects – New York, NY December 2016 - June 2022
Sr. Interior Designer
Concept design, client presentation, design development, FF&E research and specifications, ID drawings set, client interface, project coordination, construction administration of residential and commercial projects. In charge of the material library.
Projects: 25 Maplewood NH private residence, Hamilton house, Knickerbocker Village, The Backstage Hotel, The Pythian Lobby, The Editorialist, 285 CPW Private Residence, Jack’s stores renovation, Spear Brooklyn Height and Spear 75th street.
McGinley Design – New York, NY October 2014 - August 2016
Interior Designer/Project coordinator
Design, client presentation, FF&E, ID drawings set, client interface, project coordination, construction administration of mostly public spaces and amenities for high end multi-residential projects.
Projects: The Seymour, Herald Towers, 500E 14th Street, 555 10th Ave, One57 57th Street, 50 UN Plaza.
Consultant / Freelance New York, NY May 2009 - October 2014
Designer / Project Architect
Work as consultant for various companies & private clients including:
- Gilmore Group: Design Intent sets for Santander Bank Branches
- TPG Architecture: Construction Documents for several corporate projects. HBO, Healthfirst, Argo Group, Chase Bank among others
- Watson & Associates: Design, finishes, furniture & construction documents for variousNon-profits organizations. CEO, The Go Project, Fortune Society
- Avila Architecture: Collaborated to create several residential concept designs to produce an ideas brochure for a new urban planning in Almere, Rotterdam
- Carlos Gonzales Design: Construction documents for a residential project
- Avila Res: Bathroom Design, finishes, construction documents and construction administration
TPG ARCHITECTURE, New York, NY 2004 - May 2009
Project Architect / Designer
Successfully completed several interior design projects from concept design to construction documents and construction administration.
- Conceived a completed design for a ground up CHASE BANK branch in Manhattan, NY
- Researched and selected finishes & Materials for several design projects
- Effectively team up in several design presentations under time pressure.
RGA ARCHITECTS & PLANNERS, New York, NY 2002 -2004
- Collaborate to conceive a method to do an ADA survey at Columbia University and to easily show the gathered data on plans.
- Understand and developed client’s concept for a special roller blind
- Put together marketing materials and request for proposal submissions
- Organized and maintain the material Library.
- Completed construction drawings of numerous Interior design projects.
AWARDS & others
- NCIDQ Certify
- Bead Project @ Urban Glass. Recipient of the scholarship program. Spring 2012
- Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho scholarship. 1997-1999. given by the Venezuelan Government to those who pass a specific test and conform to certain GPA.
- Registered Architect in Venezuela.
- PC Skills: Proficient in AutoCad, Revit , Sketchup, Office suite (Excel Word, PowerPoint), Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Professional), DesignSpec, StudioDesigner
- Fluent in English and Spanish